Management Board - SCEE
1. The Management Board of the State Electronic Certification System is responsible for the overall management and administration of the SCEE.
2. The duties of SCEE Management Board include:
a) establishing, in accordance with the law and taking into account the internationally recognized standards or specifications, certification policy and the certification practices to be observed by certification bodies that integrate the SCEE;
b) ensures that the certification declaration of practices of the various certifying entities of the State and the State's Root Certification Authority comply with the SCEE certification policy;
c) To propose the criteria for approval of certification entities that wish to integrate the SCEE;
d) To assess the compliance of procedures followed by certification entities of the State with approved policies and practices, without prejudice to the powers legally entrusted to the licensing authority;
e) Opinions concerning the exclusion from the SCEE of State's certification entities in the event of non-compliance with approved policies and practices, notifying the accreditation authority;
f) Advise on best international practices on electronic certification activities and propose their application;
g) To represent the SCEE institutionally.
3. It is also the SCEE Management Board duties to:
a) to promote activities necessary for the establishment of interoperability agreements, based on cross certification with other public key infrastructure, of private or public nature, national or international, in particular:
b) To give guidance to the Entidade Certificadora Raiz do Etado ( State Root certification Entity) for the allocation and revocation of certificates issued based on crossed certification.
4. SCEE Management Board is chaired by the Prime Minister or a member of the Integrated Government in the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, and composed of representatives from each of the following entities, designated by the competent members of the Government:
- Gabinete Nacional de Segurança (GNS);
- Centro de Gestão da Rede Informática do Governo (CEGER);
- Agência para a Modernização Administrativa, I.P. (AMA);
- Entidade de Serviços Partilhados da Administração Pública, I.P. (ESPAP);
- Instituto das Comunicações de Portugal (ICP - ANACOM);
- Representatives of State electronic certification entities integrated in the SCEE (EC’s April 2017):
- Instituto de Gestão Financeira e Equipamentos da Justiça, I.P. (EC-CC e EC-MJ);
- Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fonteiras (EC-PEP).